Tomorrow, I turn 49. This gives me one year to get it together before I turn 50. My goals are to be serious about being healthy. Last year was a "bad health" year; my hope is to reverse that trend. There are various impediments that won't go away; my hope is to acknowledge those, but to get rid of all the other excuses that get in the way of doing what I know is good for me. While a lot of this may focuse on physical health, of course, emotional health is involved as well. If I eat better, I will feel better. If I clear a lot of the clutter out of my life, hopefully my mind will feel less cluttered. I am not blogging about this because I feel like anyone particularly cares; it's to keep myself accountable, and to acknowledge the year rather than just letting it slip by.
Some large aims:
1) Improve my health, particularly getting control of my diet so that I can stop taking my reflux medication. Also, to try to take on the principles of the anti-inflamatory diet to see if I can help my chronic neck problem at the same time.
2) To increase my fitness. I am a pretty dedicated exerciser, but I know that I can do more. The balance is off; right now, I'm either exercising, or I'm sitting down. Less of the latter, more of the former.
3) To gain more control of my physical space. I feel like I live in chaos (too much stuff; too disorganized), and I would like to feel less cluttered, physically and mentally (see above).
4) To focus more on my work so that times I'm not working are really free time.
5) To be more conscious of how I spend my time.
Small aims will come each week. Since this week is both my birthday AND Thanksgiving, the goal is to eat in a reasonable way despite all the celebrations. Also, to get enough work done that I don't feel rushed and oppressed on Sunday night.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!